The ways we use our windows change with the seasons. We transition from trying to keep the cold air out all winter long, to wanting to let a cool breeze ventilate the house in spring and summer.
As the weather gets nicer, it’s a good idea to take a close look at your windows to see if they’re in need of some spring tune-ups:
- Are your windows difficult to open or close?
- Do you struggle to lock or unlock your windows?
- Are your window screens missing or damaged?
- Do your window frames show signs of water damage or cracks?
- Do you feel a draft around your windows when they are closed?
- Does your weather stripping need to be replaced?
- Can you see condensation in between the panes of your window glass?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, it may be time to call a home improvement specialist to repair or replace your windows.
Windows that are worn or damaged are not as energy-efficient as new systems, and they can become a hassle when it comes time to enjoy having the windows open when the weather calls for it.
As the trusted and respected window and glass experts of Boise for the last 65 years, Atkinson’s Mirror & Glass specializes in window replacement, repairs and parts, as well as screen repair and screen re-wire. You can rely on us for the smaller problems, like parts and accessories, and the bigger issues, like a broken glass window. We do it all!
Check “window maintenance” off your spring cleaning list by taking a look around your home. If your windows aren’t in tip top shape, give us a call and we can help you get ready for warm weather!