Around this time of year, we often hear homeowners express that Fall’s cold weather is “sneaking up” on them. We can certainly understand this, but it’s important to note that the change in seasons brings about some important concerns for your home. Early fall is the best time to get a head start on home improvement projects before the cold weather hits:
- Autumn maintenance for your home means preparing your spaces for the chill of wintertime before it comes knocking on your door. And on that note, have you given your doors a look lately? Front and rear entry doors are major culprits for allowing drafts into your home, as they are the most heavily used doors in the house. A sturdy, upgraded door will not only provide more comfort and security for your family, it can give new life to your entire home during a time of year where outdoor decorations make your front walkway a focal point with Halloween, Thanksgiving and holiday decorations.
- Inspect your windows and repair areas which may have become brittle, cracked, or have pulled away from the surface. It may be time to invest in new window systems altogether to better protect your home. You’ll be thankful for new window units when the temperatures drop!
- Get that fireplace ready for cozy nights. There is nothing quite like gathering in front of the hearth on a chilly evening with warm socks, a blanket, and the ambiance of a cackling fire. Atkinson’s Mirror & Glass carries Robax high-temperature glass ceramic for fireplaces, and we can cut it to the size and style you need!
- Check your siding and roofing for any signs of cracks or pulling away from the house. Your roof and siding protect your home from the elements, and harsh winter weather is not the time to find out you have an issue.
- Get on top of insulation problems now by inspecting caulk around windows and doors, and repair areas which may have become brittle, cracked, or pulled away from the surface.
Taking care of the above fall home maintenance checklist items early on in the season can protect your home and even your family. Get ahead of your home concerns before they turn into bigger problems! It’s important to always have a trained home improvement professional handle any necessary repairs or upgrades to save you both time and money, and ensure the job is done right the first time.
Don’t wait until the leaves have all fallen and the snow starts to fall – give Atkinson’s Mirror & Glass a call today for all of your Boise area home improvement needs this fall! We’re happy to talk with you and provide you with a FREE ESTIMATE for any work that may need to be completed for your house: (208) 375-3762