These days, automation is commonplace—washing machines can sense how large your load is, bills can be paid at a certain time each month from your bank account, and cell phones automatically update with the latest software. You can bring your retail store into the 21st century by adding automatic doors to your building. Automatic doors are good for your customers and your bottom line. Here’s how:
- Automatic doors direct the flow of traffic. While it doesn’t seem like much, the time it takes to open a door or wait for it to close can add up. In busy retail settings, this can cause an unwanted back-up of customers. With automatic doors, customers can easily enter and exit the store without having to wait.
- Automatic doors provide convenience for your customers. In an ideal world, customers will be leaving your store with their hands full of all of your wonderful products. If customers’ hands are full of bags, automatic doors are much appreciated so they can exit the store more easily.
- Automatic doors are more hygienic. Post-pandemic, consumers are more aware of germs, especially in crowded retail spaces. With automatic doors, customers don’t need to touch a handle to open a door, which is one less surface to touch on while out on their shopping trip.
- Automatic doors comply with ADA standards. By the nature of their design, all automatic doors follow the American Disabilities Act. Instead of struggling with a manual door, automatic doors allow individuals in wheelchairs or with other disabilities easy access to your store.
- Automatic doors are energy efficient. Automatic doors only open when they are activated, which means that there is no risk of them being left open. They also have a very tight seal which helps to regulate the temperature in the store. What’s more, the opening width for automatic sliding doors can be adjusted to reduce the open time. All of these factors can help you save on heating and cooling costs.
At Atkinson’s Mirror and Glass we offer a range of automatic door operating devices for retail settings. If you are interested in installing an automatic door or need help maintaining an existing automatic door, we can help. Contact us online or at (208) 375-3762 to learn more about our products and services.